SXSW 2017, Austin, TX, March 27
Moderated a panel on Beyond Driverless Cars: Our Transportation Future with Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx, Allstate's Don Civgin, and the University of Texas' Chandra Bhat.
AutomobilityLA/LA Auto Show, Los Angeles, CA, November 2016
Interviewed flying car inventor Deszo Molnar about his plans for a flying car racing league and how flying cars work.
Internet Week, New York, May 2016
Moderated panel on culture at New York tech startups with LivePerson’s Kristy Sundjaja, WeWork's John Reid-Dodick, Brad Lande of Live in the Grey, and Soraya Darabi of Zady.com. Here's a recap from Liveperson.
Shoptalk, Las Vegas, May 2016
Interviewed Airbnb's Joe Zadeh, VP of Product, on data science and Airbnb's business model for fireside chat in front of audience of 2000+. Watch the video below.
Apptus Accelerate, San Francisco, April 2016
Moderated "Digital Disruption, The Internet Of Things, And The Rise of Marketplaces" at the Apttus Accelerate marketing conference in San Francisco on Wednesday, April 13 with Vinay Toomu of Forsys and Gopkiran Rao of Apttus.
3Q Digital Growth Summit, Santa Clara, September 2015
Moderated digital marketing panel with Sungevity's Erica Yoon, The Real Real's Slaton Carter, and Square's Matt O'Day.
NHPR: Word of Mouth: August 15, 2015
I just appeared on New Hampshire Public Radio's Word of Mouth program to talk about cooking shows on YouTube.
Silicon Beach Festival, Los Angeles, California
Moderated two panels at this year's Silicon Beach Festival:
TITANS OF LA TECH @ MARINA DEL REY HOTEL
June 26, 2015 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Join us for an in-depth discussion with tech titans from some of LA’s largest tech companies who’ll discuss entrepreneurship, leadership, and building a business in LA.
Moderator: Neal Ungerleider, Fast Company, Reporter
- Chet Pipkin, Belkin, Founder and Chairman
- Scott Painter, TrueCar, CEO and Founder
- Julie Schoenfield, Strobe, CEO; also was CEO of Perfect Market, which was acquired by Taboola
DRONES TAKE FLIGHT @ MARINA DEL REY HOTEL - SUNSET DINING ROOM
June 26, 2015 @ 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Drone experts discuss the growing drone market including the rise in drone startups, drone VCs and investors, and types of drone companies (photography, e-commerce, B2C and B2B). We’ll also discuss how to get started in drones, going from drone hobbyist to business, rules and legislation affecting drone flight, and drone resources in LA.
Moderator: Neal Ungerleider, Fast Company, Reporter @nealunger
- Michael Shabun, DJI, Brand Partnerships Manager
- Craig Glover, Yuneec International, Product Evangelist
- Keith Kaplan, Tesla Foundation, CEO and CEO of UAVSA
- Ben Marcus, Drone Angel Investor
- Dan Burton, DroneBase, CEO, Founder @DanielBBurton
WCCO (CBS Radio Minneapolis): June 1, 2015
Discussing Rochester's Destination Medical Center on the John Williams Show. (Click on link 6/1/15, 3pm)
Innovfest Unbound: Singapore, April 29, 2015
Israel Brain Tech 2015: Tel Aviv, March 12, 2015
Where We’re Heading: Future Directions for the BrainTech Industry
- Moderator: Neal Ungerleider - Science & Technology Reporter, Fast Company Magazine
- Itzhak Fried, MD - Professor of Neurosurgery, Director of the Epilepsy Surgery Program, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
- Stefan Vilsmeier - Founder & CEO, Brainlab
- Jay D. Kranzler, MD, PhD - Global Head, External R&D Innovation, Pharmatherapeutics & Neuroscience Lead, Worldwide R&D Pfizer